Outwash sentence example
- its front rested on Staten Island and Long Island, whose surface features, and a part of whose area, are due to the deposits along the ice front, including terminal moraines and outwash gravel plains.
- The sands and gravels of the alluvial plain originated as glacial outwash from the melting glaciers inland.
- outwash gravels in this area of confluences.
- kettle holes of the outwash complex.
- outwash plains.Advertisement
- outwash deposits overly calcareous bedrock.
- outwash spreads.
- outwash terraces contain sandy units that are suitable for dating using OSL.
- outwash fans to indicate where water has collected or may collect.
- In the southern part of the Basin Range province the ranges are well dissected and some of the intermont depressions have rock floors with gentle, centripetal slopes; hence it is suggested that the time since the last dislocation in this part of the province is relativel remote; that erosion in the current cycle has here advanced muc farther than in the central or northern parts of the province; and that, either by outwash to the sea or by exportation of wind-borne dust, the depressions-perhaps aggraded for a time in the earlier stages of the cyclehave now been so deeply worn down as to degrade the lower and weaker parts of the tilted blocks to an evenly sloping surface, leaving the higher and harder parts still in relief as residual ranges.Advertisement