Otero sentence example
- During the honeymoon a pastrycook named Otero fired at the young sovereigns as they 'were driving in Madrid.
- Such beds, locally known as " alkali flats," are especially numerous in Valencia, Socorro, Dona Ana and Otero counties, and a number of them furnish all the salt needed by the cattle ranges in their vicinity.
- Nearly all the product comes from Grant county, and in 1908 nearly 98% of the output was from Grant and Otero counties.
- Iron ores are widely distributed, but have not been developed; graphite is mined in Colfax county; mica in Taos county, and to a small extent in Rio Arriba county; marble is quarried in Otero county and sandstone in Bernalillo, Colfax and San Miguel counties.
- Other mines are in Grant and Otero counties.Advertisement
- The other Indians live on reservations, of which there are three: the Mescalero Apache reservation, in Otero county, containing 554 Indians in 190o; the Jicarilla Apache reservation, in Rio Arriba county, with a population of 829; and the Navaho reservation, in Utah, Arizona and New Mexico, which contains in that part of it situated in New Mexico a population of 2480.
- East of the San Andreas Range, in the south central part of New Mexico, lies the basin of the extinct Lake Otero, in which are found the remarkable " white sands," consisting of dunes of almost pure granular gypsum and covering the area of 300 sq.