Ostergotland sentence example
- There is also the Ostergotland Museum, with an art collection.
- At the meeting of the states in 1604 Duke Charles assumed the Swedish crown as Charles IX.; and not long afterwards Duke John of Ostergotland introduced German craftsmen into Norrkoping, and thus originated its industrial activity.
- After a reign of great splendour Haraldr met his death in the great battle of Bravalla (Bravik in OstergOtland), where he was opposed by his nephew Ring, king of Sweden.
- It occurs also in Ostergotland, Kalmar and Kronoberg.
- Copper has been mined at Falun since the 14th century; it is also produced at Atvidaberg in Ostergotland.Advertisement
- The principal centres of the textile industry are Norrkoping in Ostergotland and Boras in Elfsborg Lan, where there are weaving schools; and the industry is spread over Elfsborg Lan and the vicinity of Gothenburg.
- Gotaland consisted of the provinces of Vestergotland and Ostergotland divided from one another by Lake Vetter, together with Srrialand.