Ors sentence example
- Parents should keep a can of ORS on hand for emergencies.
- Oral rehydration solution (ORS) or intravenous fluids are the choices; ORS is preferred if possible.
- Oral rehydration solution (ORS)-A liquid preparation of electrolytes and glucose developed by the World Health Organization that can decrease fluid loss in persons with diarrhea.
- This oral rehydration solution (ORS) includes salt, baking powder, sugar, orange juice, and water.
- Children with minimal dehydration weighing less than 10 kilograms (22 pounds) should be given 60 to 120 mL (2-4 ounces) of an oral rehydration solution (ORS) for each episode of vomiting or diarrheal stool.Advertisement
- Children with mild to moderate dehydration should be given 50 to 100 mL (roughly 2-3.5 ounces) of an ORS per kilogram body weight during two to four hours to replace fluid losses.
- Additional ORS should be administered to replace ongoing losses from vomiting and diarrhea.
- For infants and younger children, especially when ill, drinking a commercial ORS should be encouraged.
- Gelatin water may be substituted for electrolyte-replacement solutions if an ORS is unavailable.
- However, these may be useful if ORS cannot be obtained in an emergency.Advertisement
- Infants and children with diarrhea and vomiting should be given ORS such as Pedialyte immediately to help prevent dehydration.
- The severe actions of Diirrenstein (near Krems) ors the iith, and of Hollabriinn on the 26th of November, in which Napoleon's marshals learned the tenacity of their new opponents, and the surprise of the Vienna bridge (November 14) by the French, were the chief incidents of this period in the campaign.