Ordinaire sentence example
- Even before 1387 there was also the petit conseil or conseil ordinaire or conseil etroit, a body not recognized by the law, though it became very powerful; it was composed of the 4 syndics, with several other counsellors, and acted originally as the adviser of the syndics who were legally responsible for the rule of the city.
- ordinaire), in canon law, the name commonly employed to designate a superior ecclesiastic exercising "ordinary" jurisdiction (jurisdictionem ordinariam), i.e.
- It is divided for despatch of business into four sections, each of which corresponds to a group of two or three ministerial departments, and is composed of (1) 32 councillors en service ordinaire (comprising a vice-president and sectional presidents), and 19 councillors en service extraordinaire, i.e.
- ' " Il est vrai que la pensee la plus raisonnable et la plus conforme a l'experience sur cette question tres difficile de la formation du foetus; c'est que les enfans sont dÃ©jÃ presque tout formes avant meme l'action par laquelle ils sont conqus; et que leurs meres ne font que leur donner l'accroissement ordinaire dans le temps de la grossesse."
- This supposition is rendered probable by the fact that the opiums most prized by smokers are not those containing most morphine, and that the quality is judged by the amount of soluble matter in the opium, by its tenacity or " touch," and by peculiarities of aroma - the Indian opium, especially the Patna kind, bearing much the same relation to the Chinese and Persian drug that champagne does to y in ordinaire.Advertisement
- "Rien n'est plus simple et plus ordinaire dans la nature."