Oratorum sentence example
- Cicero, who frequently quotes from him with great admiration, appears (De optimo genere oratorum, i.) to rank him first among the Roman tragic poets, as Ennius among the epic, and Caecilius among the comic poets.
- Oratorum) is improbable; but Theramenes may have taught Isocrates in oratory.
- Other minor works written in later life, such as the Partitiones Oratoriae, a catechism of rhetoric, in which instruction is given by Cicero to his son Marcus; the Topica, and an introduction to a translation of the speeches delivered by Demosthenes and Aeschines for and against Ctesiphon, styled de optimo genere oratorum, also need only be mentioned.
- 9 9) speaks somewhat disparagingly of him, and Cicero, although he admits with some hesitation that Caecilius may have been the chief of the comic poets (De Optimo Genere Oratorum, I), considers him inferior to Terence in style and Latinity (Ad Att.
- ad Graecos auctores (5 vols., Leipzig, 1751-66) (the rest lies unprinted at Copenhagen); Oratorum Graec. quae supersunt (8 vols., Leipzig, 1770-73); App. crit.Advertisement
- 22) wrote: de Caesare ita judico, ilium omnium fere oratorum Latine loqui elegantissime, while Quintilian (x.