Opposi sentence example
- 2 Hitherto, if dialectical studies had been sometimes viewed askance by the stricter churchmen, it was not because logic had dared to stretch forth its hands towards the ark of God, but simply on the ground of the old opposi tion between the church and the world.
- In his History of South Africa Theal says: " The community of Lydenburg was accused of attempting to domineer over the whole country, without any other right to pre-eminence than that of being composed of the earliest inhabitants, a right which it had forfeited by its opposi tion to the general weal."
- Dunkirk, as a nest of freebooters who preyed upon Dutch commerce, was made the objective of a daring offensive campaign in 1600 by the orders of the States-General under the influence of Oldenbarneveldt in the teeth of the opposi tion of the stadholders Maurice and William Louis .
- for the peace of Munster (1648) in spite of his opposi tion.
- Was perhaps chosen in opposi tion to Bermudo.Advertisement
- To King George and his ministry, Massachusetts was the hotbed of disloyalty, the head and front of opposi t ion to their colonial policy, and there coercion should p y?