Operatum sentence example
- The Key of Truth regards the water as a washing of the body, and sees in the rite no opus operatum, but an essentially spiritual rite in which "the king releases certain rulers a from the prison of sin, the Son calls them to himself and comforts them with great words, and the Holy Spirit of the king forthwith comes and crowns them, and dwells in them for ever."
- Thus he avoids on the one side the opus operatum view, and on the other a merely receptionist position.
- But the highest developments of priestly influence are hardly separable from something of magical superstition, the opus operatum of the priest has the power of a sorcerer's spell.
- But this effect of participation in the bread and cup was not in Paul's opinion automatic, was no mere o, ', us operatum; it depended on the ethical co-operation of the believer, who must not eat and drink unworthily, that is, after refusing to share his meats with the poorer brethren, or with any other guilt in his soul.
- On such grounds was justified the transition of a baptism which began as a spontaneous act of self-consecration into an opus operatum.Advertisement
- What they protested against was the theory of the opus operatum et meritorium as applied to fasting.