Onomacritus sentence example
- The bestknown name in connexion with them is that of Onomacritus, who, in the time of the Peisistratidae, made a collection (including forgeries of his own) of Orphic songs and legends.
- All we can reasonably believe is that he gave encouragement to poetry as he had done to architecture and the drama; Onomacritus, the chief of the Orphic succession, and collector of the oracles of Musaeus, was a member of his household.
- at the battle of Pellene), and his descendants, by the oracles of Onomacritus, persuaded Darius to undertake their restoration.
- Onomacritus >>
- Epimenides must be reckoned with Melampus and Onomacritus as one of the founders of Orphism.Advertisement
- Onomacritus, Zopyrus of Heraclea, Orpheus of Croton, and one whose name is corrupt (written EbrucoyxuXos).
- Many of the oracles which were current under his name have been attributed to Onomacritus.