Onas sentence example
- To the three geographical divisions correspond three well-marked ethnical groups - the Onas of the main island, the Yagans (Yahgans) of the south and the Alakalufs of the west.
- With the settlement of the main island, which is now sometimes called Onisia, leaving the name of Tierra del Fuego to the archipelago, the Onas tribe has become fairly known.
- The isolation of the Onas is peculiarly marked, inasmuch as they are an insular people who do not use boats.
- They are hunters both on land and on the water, using the bow and arrow like the Onas, and building canoes often of large size.
- Barclay, " The Land of Magallanes, with some account of the Onas and other Indians," Geographical Journal, vol.Advertisement