Olynthian sentence example
- It stood near the present entrance to Charing 1 According to some authorities, this is a second Charidemus, the first disappearing from history after being superseded by Chares in the Olynthian war.
- The foundation of the Olynthian federation was due to the need of protection against the northern invaders (see Olynthus).
- In 350 a second Olynthian embassy had sought and obtained Athenian help. The hour of Olynthus had indeed come.
- In 349 Philip opened war against the Chalcidic towns of the Olynthian League.
- He avoided as yet a forward policy, and having taken Pydna and Potidaea soon after Amphipolis, he made them over to the Olynthian confederation (see Olynthus).Advertisement