Olona sentence example
- Castiglione Olona >>
- It stands on the little river Olona, near the middle of the Lombard plain, 400 ft.
- The plain around Milan is extremely fertile, owing at once to the richness of the alluvial soil deposited by the Po, Ticino, Olona and Adda, and to the excellent system of irrigation.
- By the conquest of Pavia and the capture of Desiderius in 774 Charlemagne completely destroyed the Lombard supremacy; but the city continued to be the centre of the Carolingian power in Italy, and a royal residence was built in the neighbourhood (Corteolona on the Olona).
- CASTIGLIONE OLONA, a town of Lombardy, Italy, in the province of Como, 27 m.Advertisement
- secco additions.Castiglione Olona, Baptistery, Cappelletta.
- Fresco with a secco additions.Castiglione Olona, Baptistery, Cappelletta.