Oliveira sentence example
- Joao Carlos de Saldanha de Oliveira e Daun, count The of Saldanha and commander of the army in Oporto.
- P. Oliveira Martins (2 vols., 4th ed., Lisbon, 1901), is a series of brilliant impressionist studies.
- In 1536 Fernao de Oliveira published the first Portuguese grammar, and three years later the historian Barros brought out his Cartinha Para aprender a ler, and in 1540 his Grammatica.
- Their names were among others Alexandre de Gusmao, the Cavalheiro de Oliveira, Ribeiro Sanches, Correa da Serra, Brotero and Nascimento.
- Antonio Feijo and Jose de Sousa Monteiro have written verse remarkable by its form, while perhaps the most considered of the later poets are Antonio Correa de Oliveira and Lopes Vieira.Advertisement
- Among other novelists are Oliveira Marreca, Pinheiro Chagas, Arnaldo Gama, Luis de Magalhaes and Teixeira de Queiroz, the last of whom is almost as distinctly national a writer as Castello Branco himself.
- Review by John Davies Amazingly prolific nonagenarian Oliveira is the least known of cinema's few remaining grand masters.
- Five years afterwards Portugal was overtaken by the tremendous disaster of the Lisbon earthquake (see Lisbon), which, as Oliveira Martins justly observes, was " more than a cataclysm of nature; it was a moral revolution."
- The Olive Kids brand was designed by Anita Oliveira Brandwein and Russell Brandwein, two frustrated parents looking for alternatives to the television-saturated, character-themed bedding previously on the market.
- Actress Cristiana Oliveira became an overnight sensation for her portrayal of Jurma.Advertisement
- The youngest of nine children, Oliveira was an unknown when she won the casting in Pantanal.
- Following her debut in Pantanal, Oliveira's stardom climbed.