Olim sentence example
- His Son, Auguste Arthur Beugnot (1797-1865), was an historian and scholar, who published an Essai sur les institutions de Saint Louis (1821), Histoire de la destruction du paganisme en occident (2 vols., 1885), and edited the Olim of the parlement of Paris, the Assizes of Jerusalem, and the Coutumes de Beauvoisis of Philippe de Beaumanoir.
- Next year he was sent to 1 " Hugo Theodoricus iste dicitur, id est Francus, quia olim omnes Franci Hugones vocabantur..
- The Greyfriars' Chronicle says that Hooper was "sometime a white monk"; and in the sentence pronounced against him by Gardiner he is described as "olim monachus de Cliva Ordinis Cisterciensis," i.e.
- In 1581 he had a controversy with the Jesuit Edmund Campion, and published at Oxford his arguments in 1638 under the title, Piissimi et eminentissimi viri Tobiae Matthew, archiepiscopi olim Eboracencis concio apologetica adversus Campianam.
- A more definite allusion to the legend may be found (c. 850) in Wandelbert of Priim's metrical martyrology (21st October): "Tunc numerosa simul Rheni per littora fulgent Christo virgines erecta tropaea maniplis Agrippinae urbi, quarum furor impius olim Millia mactavit ductricibus inclyta sanctis."Advertisement