Olenus sentence example
- Those genera, like Paradoxides, Olenus, Asaphus, Phillipsia and others, in which this groove cuts the posterior edge of the head-shield on the inner side of its angle are referred to the Opisthoparia; those, like Dalmanites and Phacops, in which it cuts the lateral border in front of the posterior angle, belong to the Proparia.
- Thus we have a Lower Cambrian with Olenellus, a middle series with Paradoxides and an Upper Cambrian with Olenus.
- An uppermost series lies above the Olenus fauna in some areas; it is represented by the Tremadoc beds in Britain or by the Dictyonema beds or Euloma-Niobe fauna elsewhere.
- On the North American continent, as in Europe, the Cambrian system is divisible into three series: (i) the lower or "Georgian," with Olenellus fauna; (2) the middle or "Acadian," with Paradoxides or Dikelocephalus fauna; (3) the upper or "Potsdam," with Olenus fauna (with Saratogan or St Croix as synonyms for Potsdam).
- Limestones and shales with the Euloma-Niobe fauna come at the top. The upper series (Olenus) has been minutely zoned by W.Advertisement
- Above the fucoidal sandstone an important break appears in the system, for the Paradoxides and Olenus divisions are absent.
- Another myth has it to be Olenus, a son of Hephaestus, and father of Aega and Helice, two nymphs who nursed Zeus.