Oleg sentence example
- Oleg, prince of Kiev, extended his rule over this territory - the Ponizie, or "lowlands," which became later a part of the principalities of Volhynia, Kiev and Galicia.
- On reaching Constantinople, Oleg disembarked his forces, mercilessly ravaged the suburbs of the imperial city, and compelled the emperor to pay tribute, provide the Russians with provisions for the return journey, and take fifty of them over the city.
- Oleg returned to Kiev laden with golden ornaments, costly cloths, wines, and all manner of precious things.
- The names of these ambassadors are preserved and they point to the Scandinavian origin of Oleg's host; there is not a Slavonic name among them.
- In the autumn of the same year Oleg died and was buried at Kiev.Advertisement
- Rurik's successor Oleg conquered Kiev in 882 and made it the chief town of his principality.
- One on the history of Oleg, the more or less legendary Varangian, who was guardian to the son of Rurik, was described by her as an "imitation of Shakespeare."
- The Hungarians, severed from their kindred and their rulers, migrated to the Carpathians, whilst Oleg, the Russ prince of Kiev, passed through the Slav tribes of the Dnieper basin with the cry "Pay nothing to the Khazars" (884).
- Vera Wang, Forever Yours, Oleg Cassini, Jessica McClintock, and Reva Mivasagar often have dresses available for affordable prices.