Olam sentence example
- About the same time Isaac Israeli wrote his Yesodh `Olam and other astronomical works which were much studied.
- about 1340), wrote poems (Behinath ha-`olam), commentaries on agada and a defence of Maimonides against Solomon Adreth.
- As to the meaning of the Hebrew term olam in iii.
- has put the olam into men's minds, yet so that they cannot understand His work ": the olam, the sum of phenomena, is God's work.
- 1-3) he is spoken of as the author of certain legal ordinances affecting the welfare of the community (the expression in the original is "tiqqun ha-`olam," i.e.Advertisement
- Further, the Megillath Ta'anith (" roll of fasts "), an old source with a collection of miscellaneous legends, &c.; Megillath Antiokhos, on the martyrdom under Hadrian; Seder`Olam Rabbah, on biblical history from Adam to the rebellion of Bar Kokba (Barcocheba); the " Book of Jashar "; the Chronicle of Jerahmeel," &c. Liturgical Midrash is illustrated by the Haggada shel Pesah, part of the ritual recited at the domestic service of the first two Passover evenings.