Okba sentence example
- The next important mosque is that of Kairawan in Tunisia, which was founded by Sidi Okba in A.D.
- In the northern quarter stands the great mosque founded by Sidi Okba ibn Nafi, and containing his shrine and the tombs of many rulers of Tunisia.
- Of greater external beauty than that of Sidi Okba is the mosque of the Three Gates.
- Arab historians relate the foundation of Kairawan by Okba with miraculous circumstances (Tabari ii.
- The legend says that Okba determined to found a city which should be a rallying-point for the followers of Mahomet in Africa.Advertisement
- In 670 took place the famous march of `Okba (`Ogba) b.
- After the victorious march of Okba (Oqba) b.
- The most interesting village is that of Sidi Okba, 12 m.
- In the north-west corner of the mosque is the tomb of Sidi Okba, the leader of the Arabs who in the 1st century of the Hegira conquered Africa for Islam from Egypt to Tangier.
- Sidi Okba was killed by the Berbers near this place in A.D.Advertisement
- On his tomb is the inscription in Cufic characters, "This is the tomb of Okba, son of Nafi.
- The mosque of Sidi Okba is the prototype of many other notable mosques (see Mosque).