Oginsky sentence example
- source, and steamers ply as far as Kovno; it is connected by the Oginsky canal with the Dnieper.
- The town carries on considerable trade, due to the navigable river Pina, which connects it with the fertile regions in the basin of the Dnieper, and, by means of the Dnieper-and-Bug canal, with Poland and Prussia, while the Oginsky canal connects it with the basin of the Niemen.
- The Memel is connected with the Dnieper by the Oginsky canal, situated in the Russian government of Minsk.
- It derives its importance from the river, which is navigable and joins the Oginsky canal, connecting the Niemen with the Dnieper.
- In the 18th century, under the hetman Oginsky, a canal was dug to connect the Shchara with the Dnieper.Advertisement
- Oginsky embellished the city and founded there a printing-office.