Ofthe sentence example
- The insufficiency of rolling stock, and especially of goods wagons, is mainly caused by delays in handling traffic consequent on this or other causes, among which may be mentioned the great length ofthe single lines south of Rome.
- The latter is one ofthe Japanese emblems of longevity.
- For the composition of the uta gradually deteriorated from the end ofthe 9th century, when a game called uta-awase became a fashionable pastime, and aristocratic men and women tried to string together versicles of 31 syllables, careful of the form and careless of the thought.
- 1 It may be added that the double system of accentuation ofthe Decalogue in the Hebrew Bible seems to preserve traces of the ancient uncertainty concerning the numeration.
- The reign of Reccared (586601) is famous in Spanish history for the establishment of Catholicism as the religion ofthe state.Advertisement
- Especially important has been the problem of measuring the " catalogue plates " ofthe international Carte du ciel - a work that implies the determination of the positions of some millions of stars - that is to say, of all stars to the i ith or 12th magnitude.
- For, in spite ofthe important controversies to which it has given birth, no one has been at the pains to distinguish between (i.) the theories which have been from time to time put forth by eminent writers, and which, though they have in some cases ultimately won a general acceptance, have for a long period remained as merely individual opinions, and (ii.) the current beliefs of the great body of Christians which are expressed in recognized formularies.