Oficios sentence example
- There are several mechanics' schools (Antes y Oficios) in the larger cities, and a large number of private schools.
- Close by are the old church of the Jesuits and the mechanics' school (arres y oficios) with its large and well-equipped shops.
- Normal and industrial schools for both sexes are maintained, the latter (artes y oficios) performing a very important service for the poorer classes.
- There is also a mechanics' training school (antes y oficios) for men and a similar school for women, schools for the blind and for deaf-mutes, reform schools, and garrison schools for soldiers.
- The government maintains two normal schools, a school of arts and trades (artes y oficios), and a military school.Advertisement
- The School of Mechanic Arts and Trades (Escuela de Artes y Oficios) of Santiago has a high reputation for the practical character of its instruction, in which it is admirably seconded bya normal handicraft school (Sloyd system) and a night school of industrial drawing in the same city, and professional schools for girls in Santiago and Valparaiso, where the pupils are taught millinery, dress-making, knitting, embroidery and fancy needlework.