Odling sentence example
- Carbon was joined with silicon, zirconium and titanium, while boron, being trivalent, was relegated to another group. A general classification of elements, however, was not realized by Frankland, nor even by Odling, who had also investigated the question from the valency standpoint.
- These views were extended by William Odling, and adopted by Gerhardt, but with modifications of Williamson's aspects.
- "WILLIAM ODLING (1829-1921), English chemist, was born in Southwark Sept.
- 5 1829, the son of George Odling, surgeon.
- Odling as Waynflete professor of chemistry at Oxford.Advertisement