Odenwald sentence example
- We know the line of this frontier which ran from the Main across the upland Odenwald to the upper waters of the Neckar and was defended by a chain of forts.
- Starkenburg occupies the angle between the Main and the Rhine, and in its south-eastern part includes some of the ranges of the Odenwald, the highest part being the Seidenbucher Hohe (1965 ft.).
- Hence, between hills crowned by frequent feudal castles, it runs by Wimpfen and by Hornberg, where Gdtz von Berlichingen lived, to Eberbach, where it enters the sandstone formation of the Odenwald.
- To the north of the Neckar is the Odenwald Range, with a mean of 1440 ft., and in the Katzenbuckel, an extreme of 1980 ft.
- Continuing in' this direction amid vine-clad hills, it washes the walls of the university city of Wiirzburg, and thence, dividing the forest-clad ranges of the Spessart and the Odenwald, reaches Gemtinden.Advertisement
- The heights between the lower Neckar and the Main form the Odenwald (about 1700 ft.); and the Spessart, which is watered by the Main on three sides, is nothing but a continuation of the Odenwald.
- Volk, Der Odenwald and seine Nachbargebiete (Stuttgart, 1900), and Windhaus, Fiihrer durch den Odenwald (Darmstadt, 1903).
- He died at Affolderbach in the Odenwald on the 13th of October 1847.
- Either Hadrian or, more probably, his successor Pius pushed out from the Odenwald and the Danube, and marked out a new frontier roughly parallel to but in advance of these two lines, though sometimes, as on the Taunus, coinciding with the older line.