Ochils sentence example
- The old castle, now in ruins, was dismantled in 1645 by the marquis of Argyll in retaliation for the destruction of Castle Campbell in Dollar Glen on the south side of the Ochils.
- The volcanic rocks of this division form ranges of hills in the Lowlands, such as the Pentlands, Ochils and Sidlaws.
- The precious metals were once worked at Abington in Lanarkshire and in the Ochils, and lead was mined at Tyndrum in Perthshire.
- It is situated at the foot of three front peaks of the Ochils - West Hill (1682 ft.), Middle Hill (1436 ft.) and Wood Hill (1723 ft.).
- The Abbey Craig, an outlying spur of the Ochils, 1 1 m.Advertisement
- Built largely on the well-wooded slopes of Westerton and Airthrey Hill, sheltered by the Ochils from the north and east winds, and environed by charming scenery, it has a great reputation as a health resort and watering-place, especially in winter and spring.
- Subsequent detailed sampling showed that alluvial gold is present over a large area of the central Ochils and eastwards to the Firth of Tay.