Obovata sentence example
- Other woods, beautiful and precious, include guayacan (Guaiacum sanctum), baria (varia, Cordia gerascanthoides) - the fragrant, hard-wood Spanish elm - the quiebra-hacha (Copaifera hymenofolia), which three are of wonderful lasting qualities; the jiqui (Malpighia obovata), acana (Achras disecta, Bassia albescens), caigaran (or caguairan, Hymenaea floribunda), and the dagame (Calicophyllum candidissi- mum), which four, like the culla, are all wonderfully resistant to humidity; the caimatillo (Chrysophyllum oliviforme), the yaya (or yayajabico, yayabito: Erythalis fructicosa, Bocagea virgata, Guateria virgata, Asimina Blaini), a magnificent construction wood; the maboa (Cameraria latifolia) and the jocuma (jocum: Sideroxylon mastichodendron, Bumelia saticifolia), all of individual beauties and qualities.
- The fir appears in the Siberian varieties Picea obovata and P. ayanensis.
- Forests of conifers (Picea obovata) and deciduous trees - Przhevalsky's poplar, birch, mountain ash, &c., and a variety of bushes - are common everywhere.
- Picea obovata is cultivated.
- Tree vegetation, which reaches up as high as 6500 and 8150 ft., the latter limit on the north and west, consists of magnificent forests of birch, poplar, aspen, and Coniferae, such as Pinus cembra, Abies sibirica, Larix sibirica, Picea obovata, and so on, though the fir is not found above 2500 ft., while the meadows are abundantly clothed with brightlycoloured, typical assortments of herbaceous plants.Advertisement
- The native kinds are intermedia, longifolia, obovata, and rotundifolia.