Obidos sentence example
- Campaign in Portugal, 1808.--The first skirmish took place at Obidos on the 15th of August 1808, against Delaborde's division (5000 men with 5 guns), which fell back to Roleia (Rorica or Roliga).
- Its confluence with this is just above the town of Obidos.
- At the narrows of Obidos, 400 m.
- Taking four roughly equidistant places, the rise at Iquitos is 20 ft., at Teffe 45, near Obidos 35, and at Path 12 ft.
- The next high land on the north side is Obidos, a bluff, 56 ft.Advertisement
- The lower Amazon presents every evidence of having once been an ocean gulf, the upper waters of which washed the cliffs near Obidos.
- Only about 10% of the water discharged by the mighty stream enters it below Obidos, very little of which is from the northern slope of the valley.
- The drainage area of the Amazon basin above Obidos is about 1,945,000 sq.