Obedientia sentence example
- This is the first existence of the mischievous principle de prestanda obedientia, subsequently elevated into a statute.
- Oddly enough, the diet before dissolving had, apparently in order to meet the rokosz half-way, issued the famous edict De non praestanda obedientia, whereby, in case of future malpractices by the king and his subsequent neglect of at least two solemn warnings there-anent by the primate and the senate, he was to be formally deposed by the next succeeding diet.
- The three vows were henceforth obedientia, castitas conjugalis and conversio morum.
- The result was his celebrated treatise De ver y obedientia, the ablest, certainly, of all the vindications of royal supremacy.
- It is said that he wrote a formal Palinodia or retractation of his book De vera obedientia, but it does not seem to be now extant; and the reference is probably to his sermon on Advent Sunday 15J4, after Cardinal Pole had absolved the kingdom from schism.Advertisement