Obed sentence example
- His uncle Obed, to whom equally with Abdallah is due the foundation of the Ibn Rashid dynasty, laboured to extend the Shammar boundaries.
- Mahommed, the third son of the amir Abdallah, was at the time absent .; with a view of getting his uncle into his power, Bandar invited him to return to Hail, and on his arrival went out to meet him accompanied by Hamud, son of Obed, and a small following.
- Dudley, Nantucket Centennial Celebration; Historic Sites and Historic Buildings (Nantucket, 1895); Obed Macy, History of Nantucket (Boston, 1835); L.
- 5, io), and the child Obed is clearly recognized 2 See further, W.
- and a furred robe) in1375-1376when the existing Outer Gate of the abbey was built (Abingdon Obed.Advertisement
- (9) The son of Jeroham, and (io) the son of Obed, were made "captains of hundreds" by Jehoiada the priest (2 Chron.
- the Arabic `Abdallah, Taimallat, 'Abd Man - at, &c., the Hebrew Abdiel and Obed Edom, and many Phoenician forms. "The vision of Obadiah" bears no date, or other historical note, nor can we connect Obadiah the prophet with any other Obadiah of the Old Testament,' and our only clue to the date and composition of the book lies in internal evidence.