Obbia sentence example
- In 1890 Brichetti-Robecchi made a journey along the eastern coast from Obbia to beyond Cape Guardafui.
- In the following year he went from Mukdishu to Obbia, and thence crossed through Ogaden to Berbera on.
- It was then determined that in the further operations against the mullah the main advance should be from a base on the east coast of Italian Somaliland - the open roadstead of Obbia being chosen.
- Manning advanced from Obbia in February 1903, and in March got in touch with the northern column, the line of communication stretching over 500 m.
- After these events the Obbia line of communication was closed up, and Manning's force concentrated at Bohotle.Advertisement
- In October 1903 a new forward movement was begun, the mullah being still in the eastern Nogal, while he had also seized the Italian seaport of Illig, north of Obbia.
- Obbia, 5° 22' N., and Illig in 7° 60' N., are points of departure for the Ogaden and Dolbahanta countries.
- In 1904 negotiations were opened with the mullah by the Italians, and by arrangement with the sultan of Obbia and the sultan of the Mijertins the territory between Ras Aswad and Ras Bowen, which was claimed by both parties, was handed over to the mullah.
- Obbia, 5Ã‚° 22' N., and Illig in 7Ã‚° 60' N., are points of departure for the Ogaden and Dolbahanta countries.
- In 1908 a royal decree placed that part of the country between the Juba and the sultanate of Obbia under a civil governor.Advertisement