Oban sentence example
- The town is governed by a provost and council, and unites with Irvine, Inveraray, Campbeltown and Oban in returning one member to parliament.
- The more populous islands are in regular communication with certain points of the mainland by means of steamers fromGlasgow, Oban and Mallaig.
- Oban was a small.
- A steamer from Oban calls regularly at Arinagour.
- The Lower, with its abundant intercalated lavas and tuffs, extends continuously as a broad belt along the northern margin of the Central Plain, reappears in detached tracts along the southern border, is found again on the south side of the Uplands in Berwickshire and the Cheviot Hills, occupies a tract of Lorne (Oban and the vicinity) in Argyllshire, and on the north side of the Highlands underlies most of the low ground on both sides of the Moray Firth, stretches across Caithness and through nearly the whole of the Orkney Islands, and is prolonged into Shetland.Advertisement
- During the tourist season it is visited every week-day by steamer from Oban.
- The steamers to and from Oban usually call at Luing and Easdale.
- Mull and Iona Super photo book by Allan Wright of his travels from Oban to Craignure and then clockwise round Mull.
- In Oban we stayed at Shearwater Inn which was nicely placed approximately equidistant between Golden Bay and Halfmoon Bay.
- This is a detailed gazetteer covering the area from the Mull of Kintyre to just north of Oban in Scotland.Advertisement
- The Oban lifeboat stood guard to make sure all was well with the pick-up.
- I used a Duncan Watson chanter reed at Oban.