Oatlands sentence example
- A few days after her birth her mother left England, and provision for her maintenance having been made by Charles she lived at Exeter under the care of Lady Dalkeith (afterwards countess of Morton) until the surrender of the city to the parliamentarians, when she was taken to Oatlands in Surrey.
- The mean at Hobart was 54.4°, at Launceston 56.6° and at Oatlands, which is in the centre of the island and 1400 ft.
- Her extravagant expenditure, returned by Salisbury in 1605 at more than L50,000 and by Chamberlain at her death at more than 84,000, was unfavourably contrasted with the economy of Queen Elizabeth; in spite of large allowances and grants of estates which included Oatlands, Greenwich House and Nonsuch, it greatly exceeded her income, her debts in 1616 being reckoned at nearly fio,000, while her jewelry and her plate were valued at her death at nearly half a million.
- To the east of Weybridge lies Henry VIII.'s park of Oatlands (see Walton-on-Thames).
- The mean at Hobart was 54.4Ã‚°, at Launceston 56.6Ã‚° and at Oatlands, which is in the centre of the island and 1400 ft.Advertisement