Oakham sentence example
- After attending the grammar schools of Melton and Oakham, he entered St John's College, Cambridge, and while still an undergraduate he addressed in February 1712, under the pseudonym of Peter de Quir, a letter to the Spectator displaying no small wit and humour.
- He was admitted on the it th of June 1665 to Merchant Taylors' school, having, according to one authority, been previously at Oakham.
- William was educated at Oakham and Newark grammar schools, and in 1714 he was articled to Mr Kirke, attorney at East Markham, in Nottinghamshire.
- He was educated at Oakham grammar school, and Emmanuel College, Cambridge, taking the degree of M.A., and entering holy orders in 1835.
- Examples of the box mangle can be seen locally in the Oakham County Museum.Advertisement