Nuits sentence example
- After their deaths he lived for some time at Caen under the roof of Nicolas Foucault (1643-1721), the intendant of Caen, himself no mean archaeologist; and there he began the publication (12 vols., 1704-1717) of Les mille et une nuits, which excited immense interest during the time of its appearance, and is still the standard French translation.
- To the north of Beaune lie the famous vineyards of Chambertin, Clos Vougeot, Romanee, Richebourg, Nuits St Georges and Corton; to the south those of Pommard, Volnay, Monthelie and Meursault with its famous white wines.
- He served as a volunteer in the FrancoGerman War, being wounded at Nuits on the 28th of December.
- Among his stories may be mentioned: Les Mysteres du nouveau Paris (1876), Le Demi-Monde sous la Terreur (1877), Les Nuits de Constantinople (1882), Le Cri du sang (1885), La Main froide (1889).
- Domaine Claude Dugat is located in Gevrey Chambertin, a wine village of the Cote de Nuits that sits south of Dijon.Advertisement