Non-poisonous sentence example
- The majority are non-poisonous; but the majority of poisonous snakes must be referred to this category.
- Zn(OK)2] Zinc oxide is used in the arts as a white pigment (zinc white); it has not by any means the covering power of white lead, but offers the advantages of being non-poisonous and of not becoming discoloured in sulphuretted hydrogen.
- The non-poisonous kinds of ground snakes are the typical and least specialized snakes, and more numerous than any of the other kinds.
- Brit., 9th ed.) recognized at last four sub-orders: - Hopoterodontes, Colubriformes, Colubriformes venenosi, Viperiformes; the most serious drawback being the merging of the Peropoda in the non-poisonous Colubriformes.
- Harmless, non-poisonous.Advertisement
- Recent work has shown it is too feeble to be relied upon alone, but where really efficient antiseptics, such as mercuric chloride and iodide, and carbolic acid, have been already employed, boracic acid (which, unlike these, is non-poisonous and non-irritant) may legitimately be used to maintain the aseptic or non-bacterial condition which they have obtained.
- So close indeed is the similarity that many monkeys, apes and human beings have an apparently instinctive fear of all snakes and do not discriminate between poisonous and non-poisonous forms. Hence it may be that innocuous snakes are in many instances sufficiently protected by their likeness in shape to poisonous species that close and exact resemblance in colour to particular species is superfluous.
- Among the non-poisonous serpents the python ranks first.
- It is also non-poisonous.
- It can be distinguished from regular, non-poisonous sumac by its berries, which are green to white as opposed to the bright red berries of regular sumac.Advertisement