Nilson sentence example
- Nilson, and subsequently (1904) by Hall, rendered notable additions to our knowledge of these elements and their compounds.
- In 1878 Marignac, having subjected Mosander's erbia, obtained from gadolinite, to a careful examination, announced the presence of a new element, ytterbium; this discovery was confirmed by Nilson, who in the following year discovered another element, scandium, in Marignac's ytterbia.
- Nilson and Pettersson's observations on beryllium and germanium have shown that the atomic heats of these metals increase with rise of temperature, finally becoming constant with a value 5.6.
- Nilson, Ber.
- In 1887 Nilson and Petersson (Zeit.Advertisement
- Nilson and 0.
- It is a malleable metal, of specific gravity 1.64 (Nilson and Pettersson) and a specific heat of 0.4079.
- Its vapour density has been determined by Nilson and Pettersson, and corresponds to the molecular formula BeC12.
- Nilson and was shown by Cleve to be identical with the ekaboron predicted by D.
- Kriiss and Nilson derived the value 230.7 (H = I) from analyses of the carefully purified sulphate.Advertisement
- Nilson (Ber., 1874, 7, p. 1719) digests the well-washed chamber mud with a moderately concentrated solution of potassium cyanide, whereby the element goes into solution in the form of potassium selenocyanide, KSe(CN), from which it is precipitated by hydrochloric acid.
- Considerable discussion has taken place at different times as to the position which beryllium should occupy in the periodic classification of the elements, and as to whether its atomic weight should be 9.1 or 13.65, but the weight of evidence undoubtedly favours its position in Group II., with an atomic weight 9.1 (0= 16) (see Nilson and Pettersson, Berichte, 1880, 1 3, p. 1451 1884, 1 7, p. 987; B.