Nihilo sentence example
- Napier uses abundantes and defectivae for positive and negative, defining them as meaning greater or less than nothing ("Abundantes sunt quantitates majores nihilo: defectivae sunt quantitates minores nihilo").
- Logarithmos autem minores nihilo defectivos vocamus, praenotantes eis hoc signum - ."
- Such an absolute continuity is sometimes assumed without warrant; but Descartes already recognized that the world was no continuous process, " Tria mirabilia fecit Dominus; res ex nihilo, liberum arbitrium et hominem Deum."
- Tracing the history of the world to the earliest date for which there is any kind of evidence, we are faced with the problem that for everything there is a prior something: the mind is unable to conceive an absolute beginning (" ex nihilo nihil ").
- He reconstructs, as he declares, ontology, and begins with the "ideal formula," "the Ens creates ex nihilo the existent."Advertisement
- The universe cannot have ` begun ' at all ex nihilo nihil fit.
- The universe cannot have ` begun ' at all ex nihilo nihilo nihil fit.