Nigrum sentence example
- Such are the crowberry (Empetrum nigrum), Trientalis europaea, Rubus saxatilis and the globe-flower (Trollius europaeus).
- Pliny treats of these two metals as plumbum nigrum and plumbum album respectively, which seems to show that at his time they were looked upon as being only two varieties of the same species.
- From Pliny's writings it appears that the Romans in his time did not realize the distinction between tin and lead: the former was called plumbum album or candidum to distinguish it from plumbum nigrum (lead proper).
- Myrmecium nigrum, which is an accurate copy of the large black ant (Pachycondyla villosa).
- The Annex I habitat types decalcified fixed dunes with Empetrum nigrum and 2150 Atlantic decalcified fixed dunes (Calluno-Ulicetea) are similar in composition.Advertisement
- Some such species are Blechnum boreale, Aira flexuosa, Calluna vulgaris, Vaccinium, Myrlillus, Rubus, Chamaemorus, Empetrum nigrum, Drosera spp. Some, at least, of these species possess mycorhiza in their roots, and are perhaps unable to live in soils where such organisms are absent.
- Black pepper is a seasoning produced from the fermented, dried, unripe red berries of the plant Piper nigrum.
- Crowberry (Empetrum) - E. nigrum is a small evergreen Heath-like bush, of the easiest culture, which may be associated with the dwarfer rock shrubs.
- V. nigrum has more slender stems, narrower leaves, and blackish-purple flowers.