Niels sentence example
- Recruiting and Strength.EJniversal compulsory service was adopted after the disasters of 1870-1871, though in principle it had been established by Marshal Niels reforms a few years before that date.
- NIELS HENRIK ABEL (1802-1829), Norwegian mathematician, was born at Findoe on the 25th of August 1802.
- Bjerknes, Niels Henrik Abel: Tableau de sa vie et son action scientifique (Paris, 1885); Lucas de Peslouan, Niels Henrik Abel (Paris, 1906).
- A rigorous demonstration was wanting for many years, Leonhard Euler's proof for negative and fractional values being faulty, and was finally given by Niels Heinrik Abel.
- In 1131 the king led an expedition into Denmark, where one of his vassals had been murdered by Magnus, son of the Danish king, Niels, and where general confusion reigned; but no resistance was offered, and Niels promised to pay tribute to Lothair.Advertisement
- Randers is best known in history as the scene of the assassination of Count Gerhard by Niels Ebbesdn in 1340.
- From the south end of Kongens Nytorv, a street called Holmens Kanal winds past the National Bank to the Holmens Kirke, or church for the royal navy, originally erected as an anchor-smithy by Frederick II., but consecrated by Christian IV., with a chapel containing the tombs of the great admirals Niels Juel and Peder TordenskjOld, and wood-carving of the 17th century.
- drove out Bishop Niels Stigson.
- Danmark Norges Historic, 1720-1814 (Copenhagen, 1891-1894); Soren Bloch Thrige, Danmarks Historic i vort Aarhundrede (Copenhagen, 1888); Marcus Rubin, Frederick VI.'s Tid fra Kielerfreden (Copenhagen, 1895) Christian Frederick von Holten, Erinnerungen; Der deutsch-deinische Krieg (Stuttgart, 1900); Niels Peter Jensen, Den anden slesvigske Krig (Copenhagen, 1900); S.
- But the only really great prose-writer of the period was the Norwegian, Niels Treschow (1751-1833), whose philosophical works are composed in an admirably lucid style, and are distinguished for their depth and originality.Advertisement
- Niels Matthias Petersen (1791-1862), a disciple of Rask, was the author of an admirable History of Denmark in the Heathen 3 Edited (3 vols., 2nd ed., 1855, Copenhagen) by F.
- Henie and her third husband, the Norwegian shipowner Niels Onstad, the Henie Onstad Art Center, near Oslo.
- This was the famous Rimkronike 3; a history of Denmark in rhymed Danish verse, attributed by its first editor to Niels (d.