Nictheroy sentence example
- Nictheroy >>
- railway, now a part of the Leopoldina system, which connects with Rio de Janeiro and Nictheroy on the coast, and with the station of Entre Rios on the Central of Brazil railway.
- NICTHEROY, or Niteroy, a city of Brazil and capital of the state of Rio de Janeiro, on the E.
- Nictheroy is practically a residential suburb of Rio de Janeiro.
- In 1836 it was raised to the dignity of a city and received the appropriate name of Nictheroy, from the Indian name Nyteroi, " hidden water."Advertisement
- Soon afterwards Lthe seat of government was removed to Petropolis, where it remained until 1903, when Nictheroy again became the capital of the state.
- But being again arrested in 1833, and tried for intriguing on behalf of Dom Pedro I., he passed the rest of his days in retirement till he died at Nictheroy in 1838.
- Ferryboats cross the bay to Nictheroy at intervals of 20 minutes, and smaller craft provide communication with the islands of Gobernador and Paqueta.
- is the semicircular bay of Botafogo, round which are grouped the residences of one of the richest suburbs; on the E., the almost land-locked bay of Jurujuba (see Nictheroy).