Nictheroy sentence example
- Nictheroy is practically a residential suburb of Rio de Janeiro.
- In 1836 it was raised to the dignity of a city and received the appropriate name of Nictheroy, from the Indian name Nyteroi, " hidden water."
- Soon afterwards Lthe seat of government was removed to Petropolis, where it remained until 1903, when Nictheroy again became the capital of the state.
- But being again arrested in 1833, and tried for intriguing on behalf of Dom Pedro I., he passed the rest of his days in retirement till he died at Nictheroy in 1838.
- Ferryboats cross the bay to Nictheroy at intervals of 20 minutes, and smaller craft provide communication with the islands of Gobernador and Paqueta.Advertisement