Nibelunge sentence example
- Among his best known works are: Demiurgos (3 vols., 1852-1854), a "Mysterium," in which he attempted to deal with the problems of human existence, but the work found little favour; Nibelunge, an epic poem in alliterative verse, in two parts, (1) Sigfriedsage (1867-1868; 13th ed.
- The heroic deeds of Rustams grandfather were celebrated in the Samnma, which almost equals the Sha/inama in length; those of Rustams two sons, in the Jahagairnama and the Faramurznama; those of his daughter, an amazon, in the Brunhild style of the German Nibelunge, in the Bdn Gus/iaspnama; those of his grandson in the Barsi2nama; those of his great-grandson in the SIia/iriyarnama (ascribed to Mukhtari and dedicated to Masud Shah, who is probably identical with Masd b.
- NIBELUNGENLIED, or DER Nibelunge Not, an heroic epic written in a Middle High German dialect.
- Bartsch's subsequent edition of the Nibelunge Not (1st ed., Leipzig, 1870) was founded on B, as the nearest to the original.
- After 1190, during the Golden Age of the art poetry (Kunstdichtung) of the Minnesingers, a professional poet (Rudolf von Ems?) again remodelled the poem, introducing further interpolations, and changing the title from Der Nibelunge Not into Das Nibelungenliet, this version being the basis of the group C. The MS. A, as proved by its partial excellence, is based directly on Konrad's work, with additions borrowed from B.Advertisement
- According to this the original was an assonance poem of the 12th century, which was changed between 1190 and 1200 by two separate poets into two versions, in which pure rhymes were substituted for the earlier assonances: the originals of the Nibelungenlied and Der Nibelunge Not respectively.