Nian sentence example
- EJ Quaternary Triassic Slluro-Can,brian L~LL4 Tertiary Permian Met,,rno,-phic E~i Ci-etaceous Carbon iferous I~~iI1 Plutonic Rocks Jurassic Oeyr,nian Volcanic Rock, from the province of Cordova into that of Badajoz.
- It was also the greatest era for the arts, " drummer Zhao Nian explained about his band's moniker.
- In modern Chinese, the word "Nian" means year.
- Legend says that Nian was the name of a cruel beast that preyed on people the night before the lunar New Year.
- An old man was able to convince Nian to eat beasts of prey instead of people.Advertisement
- This caused the beasts to be scared away from the people and into the forests with Nian close behind.
- The old man told the people that Nian was afraid of the color red, the light of fire and loud noises.
- The lights are kept on all night to drive away Nian and to let the families enjoy an extended time together.
- According to legend, the loud noises and red colors prominent in these festivities were used to scare away the nian, a man-eating beast that came down from the mountains of China every twelve months.