Newnham sentence example
- The youngest, Helen, was for some years vice-principal of Newnham College, Cambridge.
- This hostel, started in Regent Street, Cambridge, in 1871 with five students, and continued at Merton Hall in 1872, led to the building of Newnham Hall, opened in 1875, and to the erection of Newnham College on its present basis in 1880.
- Miss dough's personal charm and high aims, together with the development of Newnham College under her care, led her to be regarded as one of the foremost leaders of the women's educational movement.
- Two portraits of Miss Clough are at Newnham College, one by Sir W.
- It was at his suggestion and with his help that Miss Clough opened a house of residence for students; and when this had developed into Newnham College, and in 1880 the North Hall was added, Mr Sidgwick, who had in 1876 married Eleanor Mildred Balfour (sister of A.Advertisement
- I submitted an open application and was initially apprehensive when I was pooled to Newnham, an all girls ' College.
- awakeack up Rig which has been laid up near Newnham on Severn for the past 18 months has suddenly awoken the local Council.
- Mrs. Fawcett's only child, Miss Philippa Garrett Fawcett, had a distinguished career at Newnham College, Cambridge, where in 1890 she was bracketed equal to senior wrangler.
- The pioneer experiments on Lord Denbigh's estates at Newnham Paddox, in XXVI.