Newcomen sentence example
- MATTHEW NEWCOMEN (c. 1610-1669), English nonconformist divine, was born about 1610 and educated at St John's College, Cambridge (M.A.
- On the passing of the Act of Uniformity in 1662, Newcomen lost his living, but was soon invited to the pastorate at Leiden, where he was held in high esteem not only by his own people but by the university professors.
- Thomas Newcomen >>
- Cornish pumps are the oldest of the machines for draining mines; in fact, one of the earliest applications of the old Woolf and Newcomen engines in the 18th century was to pumps for deep mines.
- Newcomen and W.Advertisement
- Portions of the cottage of Thomas Newcomen, one of the inventors of the steam-engine, are preserved.
- Matthew Newcomen >>