Nevado sentence example
- The Nevado de Toluca, an extinct volcano, rises to a height of 14,950 ft.
- Near the 10th parallel the great chain again divides, the eastern part crossing the southern end of the plateau, and the western, or Sierra Madre del Sur, following the shore line closely to Tehuantepec. The Sierra Madre Occidental has but few noteworthy elevations, its culminating points being the Nevado de Colima (14,363 ft.) and Volcan de Colima (12,750 ft.) in the state of Jalisco.
- The principal volcanoes of the Chillan group are the Nevado (9528 ft.) and the Viejo.
- After a repose of about two centuries the Nevado de Chinn broke out in eruption early in 1861 and caused great destruction.
- From this point the line follows the summits of the Cordillera Silillica north to the Cerro Paquiza, on the Tacna frontier, and to the Nevado Pomarape, near the frontier of Peru.Advertisement
- The eastern chain begins north of the equator at 6000 ft., gradually rises to the height of Nevado (14,146 ft.), Pan de Azucar (12,140 ft.), and in the Sierra Nevada de Cochi attains to peaks of 16,70o ft.
- The company offers adventure travel ski clinics in all parts of the globe, including Chamonix and Val D'Iserre France, helicopter skiing in Valdez, Alaska, summer skiing in Portillo or Valle Nevado, Chile and powder skiing in Switzerland.