Neuquen sentence example
- In 1881 President Roca offered for public purchase by auction the lands in the southwest of the province of Buenos Aires, the Pampa Central, and the Neuquen district, these lands having been rendered habitable after the campaign of 1878 against the Indians.
- by the territories of Neuquen and La Pampa, E.
- by Chile and Neuquen.
- NEUQUEN, an inland territory of Argentina on the Chilean frontier, between the Colorado and Limay rivers, with the province of Mendoza on the N.
- Guanacos and Argentine hares are found in abundance in Neuquen, and to a lesser degree the South American ostrich.Advertisement
- The capital is Chos Malal, a small town on the upper Neuquen, in the mountainous district in the northern part of the territory.
- The opening to settlement of the national territories of La Pampa and Neuquen has contributed largely to the growth and importance of Bahia Blanca.
- A further Transandine scheme provides for a line through the Pino Hachado pass (38° 30' to 39° S.), and the Argentine Great Southern Company obtained a concession in 1909 to extend its Neuquen line to the frontier of Chile.
- The eastern ranges parallel to the Andes are here broken into detached extensions and spurs, which soon disappear in the elevated western pampas, and the Andes contract south of Aconcagua to a single range, which descends gradually to the great plains of La Pampa and Neuquen.
- Lake Nahuel-Huapi lies partly in this territory (see Neuquen), and there are several small lakes scattered over the shingly steppes.Advertisement
- A further Transandine scheme provides for a line through the Pino Hachado pass (38Ã‚° 30' to 39Ã‚° S.), and the Argentine Great Southern Company obtained a concession in 1909 to extend its Neuquen line to the frontier of Chile.