Neumark sentence example
- Neumark, Gesch.
- Besides the bulk of the old duchy of Silesia, it comprises the countship of Glatz, a fragment of the Neumark, and part of Upper Lusatia, taken from the kingdom of Saxony in 1815.
- Pomerania and Neumark were freed from taxation for two years, Silesia for six months.
- to N.W., is divided by the pass of Neumark into two parts.
- The pass of Neumark, called also the pass of Neugedein, has always been the principal approach to Bohemia from Germany.Advertisement
- Livonia they held after 1237; and during the 14th century they gained the Lithuanian territory of Samogitia, which lay between Livonia and their Prussian dominions, while they also added, to the west of the Vistula, Pomerellen and the Neumark (see under Prussia).