Neuilly sentence example
- 27 he had the courage to sign the Treaty of Neuilly on behalf of his country.
- By the spring of 1200, owing to Innocent's exertions, a new Crusade was in full progress, especially in France, where Fulk of Neuilly played the part once played by Peter the Hermit.
- It is the commonest cetacean in the seas round the British Isles, and not infrequently ascends the Thames, having been seen as high as Richmond; it has also been observed in the Seine at Neuilly, near Paris.
- These claims were regarded by the Peace Conference as excessive, and under the Treaty of Neuilly only the two first were allowed, though in place of the third the town and district of Tsaribrod were assigned to Yugoslavia, and thereby the main strategic key to Sofia.
- He introduces himself to us with a certain abruptness, merely specifying his own name as one of a list of knights of Champagne who with their count, Thibault, took the cross at a tournament held at Escry-sur-Aisne in Advent 1199, the crusade in contemplation having been started by the preaching of Fulk de Neuilly, who was commissioned thereto by Pope Innocent III.Advertisement
- During the three "July days" the duke kept himself discreetly in the background, retiring first to Neuilly, then to Rainey.
- It seems that Pascal in driving to Neuilly was run away with by the horses, and would have been plunged in the river but that the traces fortunately broke.
- It is a residential suburb of Paris, and has a fine avenue opening on the Neuilly bridge, and forming with it a continuation of the Champs Elysees.
- Again in France in 1817, her life at Neuilly until 1828 was the happiest period of her existence.
- He returned a few times for a brief sojourn to attend the meetings of the Greek Chamber; but there could be no rest for him until the Treaties of Neuilly and of Sevres were finally signed.Advertisement
- Fiume, which from 1867 to 1918 had been an ti j Scale,1: 5,000,000 0 to = Frontier of' 1921 Yugoslavia N 5 e7 es of s,, G rmain,1® 1; Neuilly,Triano??,&RePallo Other International Frontiers 1921 International Frontiers 1914 Boundaries between Austria,Hungary, Croatia & Bosnia 1914
- They settled at Claremont, placed at their disposal by Queen Victoria, under the incognito of count and countess of Neuilly.