Neuf sentence example
- This quarter has been pierced by several straight roads, one of which, crossing the Mahmudiya canal by the Pont Neuf, leads to Gabbari, the most westerly part of the city and an industrial and manufacturing region, possessing asphalt works and oil, rice and paper mills.
- high), dates from the 12th century; its upper portion is lower and less rich in design than that of the Clocher Neuf (377 ft.), which was not completed till the 16th century.
- 5); Le mariage des neuf lilies du diable (Rom.
- of Neuf château by road.
- The Chateau Neuf (r 5th and 16th centuries) serves as barracks and prison.Advertisement
- The Chateau Neuf, built in 1563 by the Spaniards, overlooks the old port.
- of the Château Neuf.
- While lacking the artistic tastes of the Valois, Henry beautified Paris, building the great gallery of the Louvre, finishing the Tuileries, building the Pont Neuf, the Hotel-de-Ville and the Place Royale.
- Other notable churches are the Protestant Temple Neuf, or Neue Kirche, rebuilt since 1870, and the Roman Catholic church of the Sacred Heart, erected in 1889-1893.
- Madagascar (Paris, 1894); Rentier, Les droits de la France sur Madagascar (1895) Corlay, Notre campagne a Madagascar(Paris, 1896); Knight,Madagas- car in Wa'-time (London, 1896); Carol, Chez les Hovas (Paris, 1898); Gallieni, Neuf ans a Madagascar (Paris, 1908).Advertisement
- 1909); and General Gallieni's " Neuf ans a Madagascar, Journal of the African Society (April 1909).
- Quatre ans aprÃ¨s sa sortie de prison, neuf ans avant sa mort.
- of Neuf chÃ¢teau by road.
- of the ChÃ¢teau Neuf.