Neubauer sentence example
- According to Neubauer, the bark of young oaks contains from 7 to Io% of this principle; in old trees the proportion is much less.
- Of manuscripts: Neubauer, Catal.
- by Neubauer and Cowley (Oxford, 1906); G.
- See Neubauer, Mediaeval Jewish Chronicles, ii.
- For other references to Palmyra (called Tarmod) in the Talmud see Neubauer Geogr.Advertisement
- Neubauer, Oxford, 1875) the lexicon of the Hebrew language.
- Neubauer, La geographic du Talmud (1868); P. de Lagarde, Onomastica sacra (1870); E.
- The Itala was published by Pierre Sabatier at Paris in 1751, and is reproduced in the Book of Tobit by Neubauer (Clarendon Press, 1878).
- It was only in 1878 that the Aramaic version was brought to light, being published by Adolph Neubauer from a unique MS. in the Bodleian Library.
- According to Neubauer, it is the very text which was used by Jerome, after allowance has been made for the arbitrary methods of the Rabbis and of Jerome himself.Advertisement
- The Midrash given by Neubauer has no doubts on this point, as the story is immediately followed by the remark - "Behold we learn how great is the power of alms and tithes!"
- Neubauer, The Book of Tobit (Oxford, 1878); Fuller in Speaker's Commentary (1888); E.
- Neubauer, La Geographie du Talmud (1868); E.
- Bibl., Bible Dict., and Jewish Encyc. The Greek text is best given in Swete iii., and the Syriac will be found in Walton's Polyglot, Lagarde and Neubauer's Tobit.