Nerra sentence example
- Nerra (21st of July 987-21st of June 1040) found himself confronted on his accession with a coalition of Odo I., count of Blois, and Conan I., count of Rennes.
- The latter having seized upon Nantes, of which the counts of Anjou held themselves to be suzerains, Fulk Nerra came and laid siege to it, routing Conan's army at Conquereuil (27th of June 992) and re-establishing Nantes under his own suzerainty.
- the Bearded, son of Geoffrey, count of Gatinais, and of Ermengarde, daughter of Fulk Nerra.
- Fulk Nerra >>
- FULK NERRA (c. 970-1040), count of Anjou, eldest son of Count Geoffrey I., "Grisegonelle" (Grey Tunic) and Adela of Vermandois, was born about 970 and succeeded his father in the countship of Anjou on the 21st of July 987.Advertisement
- The biography of Fulk Nerra by Alexandre de Salies, Histoire de Foulques Nerra (Angers, 1874) is confused and uncritical.
- GEOFFREY, surnamed Martel (1006-1060), count of Anjou, son of the count Fulk Nerra and of the countess Hildegarde or Audegarde, was born on the 14th of October 1006.
- He then tried to win recognition as dukes of Aquitaine for the sons of his wife Agnes by William the Great, who were still minors, but Fulk Nerra promptly took up arms to defend his suzerain William the Fat, from whom he held the Loudunois and a tan g S h= - Saintonge in fief against his son.